What you need to do
- Talk to your lift maintenance provider about your options for migrating your emergency lift phone to the nbn network or an alternative technology prior to the disconnection of your current service.
- Once you have asked your lift maintenance provider for advice about options to migrate your lift emergency phone, you will need to decide which option to install. Remember that it is your responsibility to transition your lift phone service off the legacy network.
- Once the lift emergency phone has been migrated, ask your lift maintenance provider to test it and confirm it is working properly .
Questions you could ask your lift maintenance provider:
- Will my lift emergency phone work properly when connected to the nbn network?
- If so, what specific phone or internet service will work best with my lift emergency phone?
- Will my lift emergency phone be able to dial out during a power outage when connected to the nbn network?
- If not, what alternatives are available?
- What solutions would you [the provider] suggest? Are there any costs involved?