Make sure you call your device provider
The rollout of the nbn™ access network involves new technologies which some existing devices may not be compatible with. Therefore, it's vital that you talk to your device provider for advice, and to find out if your device or service will work on the nbn™ access network, or what alternatives may be available.
Questions you could ask your device provider:
- Will my medical alarm work properly when connected to the nbn™ access network?
- If so, what specific phone or internet service will work best with my medical alarm?
- Will my medical alarm be able to dial out during a power outage when connected to the nbn™ access network?
- If not, what alternatives are available?
- What alternatives are there to using a landline connection?
- What solutions would you (the provider) suggest?
- Are there any costs involved?
Types of alarms affected
Register an individual medical alarm
Register multiple medical alarms
To register multiple medical alarms, download and follow the instructions in the bulk registration template
You must accept the terms and conditions to download the template
Learn more about medical alarms and the nbn access network
A note on privacy
If you are disclosing others’ personal information to nbn for inclusion in the Register, you should have their consent to provide the information to nbn. You will also need to notify those individuals that you have provided their information to nbn, and advise them of the purpose for which you provided it.
If you would like to access, correct, or update your information on the Register, you can contact nbn by calling 1800 227 300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional contact information
Services for people with hearing or speech impairment
If you have a hearing or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service:
- TTY phone 1800 555 677 and enter 1800 227 300
- Speak and Listen users phone 1800 555 727 and enter 1800 227 300
- Internet relay users connect to internet-relay.nrscall.gov.au and enter 1800 227 300
Translating or interpreting services
If you need an interpreter, please call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 131 450 and ask for the NBN Co Contact Centre on 1800 227 300